We invite representatives from the child protection sector (both non-government and government), academics, advocates and representatives of people with a lived experience of the child protection system to express interest in delivering a presentation or facilitating a workshop.
We seek expressions of interests from speakers in the following areas:
- Keynote speakers (90 minutes)
- Plenary workshop presentations and panel-led discussions (45 minutes)
- Poster presentations i.e. academic, research & community information posters
This conference will present a unique opportunity for all child protection stakeholders to learn from, and alongside, Foster and Kinship Carers, in a collaborative and creative environment. Delegates want to hear from expert local, national and international keynote speakers on prime issues facing the Foster and Kinship Care space; with the primary focus on ensuring our children and young people thrive and reach their full potential. Throughout this conference we intend to kick-start a national conversation regarding the needs of the Foster & Kinship Care sector, using the collective findings from all speakers and delegates to elevate Australia’s family based care to that of a world class model.
It is essential all presentations encompass the three pillars of the Conference:
1. Connect (the caring community together)
2. Share (relevant, effective information & strategies)
3. Learn (from each other to elevate the caring journey together)
Speaker application forms must be submitted to email@example.com by 28 February 2021